Thursday, February 26, 2009

Falling Leaves at Mountain View, CA

Beauty of Mountain View:
These pictures I have taken at last year winter,some time at the end of December, when I went to pick up my best friend at Village Lake Apartments, Mountain View. It was a rainy day, and I went at around 7 AM in the morning. My friend was little bit late, so I thought of taking a small walk around the apartments. When I started walking, I found so many leaves falling on the road, walk way. Those leaves started explaining me about the beauty of life and I suddenly remembered a beautiful old poem.

These are some of the sweeetest memories that I captured with my old Nokia phone  .







An old poem about The falling leaves by Margaret Postgate Cole

Today, as I rode by,
I saw the brown leaves dropping from their tree
In a still afternoon,
When no wind whirled them whistling to the sky,
But thickly, silently,
They fell, like snowflakes wiping out the noon;
And wandered slowly thence
For thinking of a gallant multitude
Which now all withering lay,
Slain by no wind of age or pestilence,
But in their beauty strewed
Like snowflakes falling on the Flemish clay.

No comments: