Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Spicy Sauteed Shrimp with Quinoa (South Indian Style)

What happens when you don’t have time for cooking, but still you want to have a spicy, yummy, healthy food in minutes…. I came out with this recipe which takes less than 15 mins… I used side dishes as Quinoa and Parboiled beans. You can have this Shrimp with Brown Rice or with bread a shrimp sandwich or roti with lettuce as Indian Style Taco J

I made this recipe with Fresh Shrimp, but the same thing can be done with Frozen Cooked Shrimp in less than 10 mins J
 
 
 
Ingredients:
Shrimp – 10 count (Fresh Peeled, Deveined or Frozen, Depending on your choice)
Salt – to taste
Crushed Pepper – ½ spoon
Turmeric – ¼ spoon (Optional, I prefer using turmeric in almost all my Non veg dishes)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 spoon
Coriander Powder – 1 spoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1 spoon
Lemon Juice – 1 spoon (Optional)
Olive Oil or Canola Oil-  2 spoons
Chopped Coriander Leaves – Optional (for garnishing)

Preparation: Mix Salt, Crushed Pepper, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Lemon Juice in small bowl. Apply the mix to Shrimp and kept aside for two mins. Take a flat pan, heat oil, add shrimp to the oil, cook for 2-3 mins till it turns pink.  If you use Frozen, please make sure you thaw the shrimp before apply the spice mix. Add Coriander leaves for garnishing.  I had it with Quinoa as Quinoa takes just 10-15 mins to cook. I also added few boiled String beans (Which I steamed in microwave when I was cooking Shrimp).



No comments: