Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cauliflower - Tomato Curry

Most of the times, I am very busy with my hectic schedules at work. But some how I am not very fond of eating outside. I prefer cooking in the morning for my lunch and going to work with lunch box (I call it as my dabba :)). so generally I prefer reciepes with less time consumption with more healthy options. And ofcourse with less calories too :) This is one of fastest and tastiest receipe with 15 mins of preparation time.




Ingredients:

Cauliflower - 1 Medium
Ginger - 1" Small piece
Tomato - 2 medium

Red Chilli Powder - 1 or 1 1/2 spoons
Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsps ( I prefer Shan Jeera Powder)
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsps (I prefer Shan Garam Masala)
Turmeric Powder
Salt to Taste
Oil - 2 tsps

For Seasoning / Tadka:
Mustard Seeds - little bit, 1/4 tsps
Chana dal - 1/2 tsps
urad dal - 1/2 tsps
Curry Leaves - 5
Coriander Leaves - 5

Preparation:

Cut the Cauliflower florets and rinse with cold water. Chop the Ginger into small pieces. Cut tomatos into medium pieces. Heat the oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves. Add Cauliflower florets to the pan and add salt and turmeric. Mix well, close the lid and cook for 10 mins on medium heat. Stir occassionally. Add Tomottoes, jeera powder, garam masala powder, Red chilli powder. Mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. Remove heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot. This curry will go with Rice or Roti.

No comments: