Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mixed Vegetable Curry

This recipe is a quick and easy whenever I feel like having homemade delicious food but absolutely do not have patience to be in kitchen for more than 5-10 mins. I just use whatever the vegetables available in my fridge/ freezer and masala available in the pantry. To make this quick, all you need to have pressure cooker. You can also prepare in a regular pan, but it takes some time to cook the vegetables. I generally use pressure cooker to make my cooking fast and nutritious. I keep frozen rotis handy, or rice. This goes well with Rice or Roti. Here is the recipe which I made today.
Ingredients:
Potatoes – 2 medium (Wash, Peel and Cut into small cubes)
Any mixed vegetables ( I used Beans , Carrots, Peas)- 2 cups
Onion – 1 medium (peel, chop into small pieces)
Tomato – 1 Medium (Wash, cut into small pieces)
Garam Masala – 1 spoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Spoon
Coriander Powder – 1 spoon
Chilli Powder – 1 spoon (according to taste)
Turmeric – a pinch
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 2 spoons (I use Canola Oil) Cumin and mustard seeds – 1 spoon for Tadka
Bay Leaf – 1 (Optional)
Coriander leaves / Cilantro – 1 small spoon chopped, for garnishing
Heat the oil in the pressure cooker, add cumin and mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and let it fry till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and bay leaf, fry for a min. Add the vegetables, salt, turmeric, coriander powder, chili powder, Garam Masala powder. Stir the vegetables and let it fry in the spices for 2 mins. Add tomatoes, little water (1/4 glass), stir it gently. Close the lid, and cook on High flame for 5-8 mins (Till 2 whistles.). Remove the lid after steam goes off. Sprinkle chopped cilantro, serve it with Chapathi or Rice.

No comments: